This week in your Massachusetts garden & landscape
Week of July 13, 2020
- To determine if houseplants are watered adequately, check root zone soil.
- Use drip irrigation, mulch, wider spacing and proper fertilization to reduce disease.
- Dormancy is a natural adaptation of turf grass to survive heat and drought stresses. Fertilizing dormant lawns will encourage weeds.
- Early blight and septoria leaf spots are the most common tomato leaf diseases. Click here for more information.
- Leave alone a tomato hornworm with white cocoons on its back. The cocoons belong to a parasitic wasp which will kill the hornworm.